Professional Interest Areas (PIAs)
Professional Interest Areas are an assembly of ISTAART members with common subspecialties or interests.
Current members should log in to the Member Center to access expanded PIA content.
- Provide a networking forum for ISTAART members.
- Offer members an opportunity to submit a Featured Research Session proposal for the Alzheimer's Association International Conference.
- Allow members to share their latest discoveries and techniques.
- Provide mentoring opportunities and career guidance to junior scientists and students.
- Promote collaboration on papers.
Generally, PIA members participate in quarterly conference calls and meet in person at the Alzheimer's Association International Conference® (AAIC®).
Schedule for PIA Month
This year PIAs will host PIA Month in September. Join PIAs at AAIC 2021 and year-round!
PIA Month will allow for the global research community to be fully engaged with the PIA-driven scientific sessions and annual business meetings. The allotted time per PIA will be 90 minutes total (60 for the scientific session and 30 for the business meeting). To register for PIA Month events, log in to the ISTAART Member Center.
How to join an existing PIA
- Visit the Member Center.
- Click on "Update Contact Information/Join a PIA."
- Check the boxes of the PIA(s) you would like to join.
- Email ISTAART@alz.org for assistance.
How to create a new PIA
- Interested organizers (4 required) must submit a completed application to create a new PIA. Download the application.
- Per the guidelines, a minimum of 25 members are required. (Any non-ISTAART members listed on the application will be required to join ISTAART within 30 days of PIA approval).
- Submit the application for the ISTAART Advisory Council's review (see application for dates).