Professional Interest Areas (PIAs)
Professional Interest Areas are an assembly of ISTAART members with common subspecialties or interests.
Current members should log in to the Member Center to access expanded PIA content.
- Provide a networking forum for ISTAART members.
- Offer members an opportunity to submit a Featured Research Session proposal for the Alzheimer's Association International Conference.
- Allow members to share their latest discoveries and techniques.
- Provide mentoring opportunities and career guidance to junior scientists and students.
- Promote collaboration on papers.
Generally, PIA members participate in quarterly conference calls and meet in person at the Alzheimer's Association International Conference® (AAIC®).
How to join an existing PIA
- Visit the Member Center.
- Click on "Update Contact Information/Join a PIA."
- Check the boxes of the PIA(s) you would like to join.
- Email ISTAART@alz.org for assistance.
How to create a new PIA
Please note: ISTAART is currently not taking any new PIA submissions for 2022. We will update this page once we are open for new applications in the coming year.
The instructions below may be followed once applications reopen.
- Interested organizers (4 required) must submit a completed application to create a new PIA. Download the application.
- Per the guidelines, a minimum of 25 members are required. (Any non-ISTAART members listed on the application will be required to join ISTAART within 30 days of PIA approval).
- Submit the application for the ISTAART Advisory Council's review (see application for dates).